Support Worker - Child & Family Services (Tennant Creek NT)
Tennant Creek NT
- Permanent Full Time Position
- Salary: $50,000 - $55,000 p/a
- Located in Tennant Creek NT
Lifestyle Solutions believes that everyone is equal. We believe that with equal recognition, equal treatment and equal opportunity we can support people in leading a rich, productive and happy life. We care because we believe that we can make a difference - and make it matter. Our team embodies reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly, empathetic and caring service to the people we support on a national scale.
With a rapidly growing reach across almost all of Australia, our organisation works within the areas of Disability Services and Child and Family Services. Our focus is to walk alongside the people we support, embracing their individual needs to assist them in any way we can to live the everyday lifestyle to which they aspire.
We are looking for individuals who will embody our values and are passionate about meeting the needs of the people we support, our customers, to help them lead a good life.
We are currently seeking applications for Support Workers to join our Child & Family Services team working in our Residential services at Tennant Creek. Our Service operates 24hrs/7 days a week and Support Workers need to be available to work a variety of shifts including morning, day and night shifts as well as sleepover shifts, weekends and short shifts (minimum of 2 hours). We are seeking passionate, dedicated, resilient and trauma informed youth workers who have an understanding of the important of high quality services, which meet the needs of the Children and Young People and also our responsibilities under the Child Care and Protection Act and the Out of Home Standards.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Positive encouragement for Education
- Be a positive role model for the Children and Young People
- Create a consistent, nurturing, safe and secure home life
- Personal care, health and hygiene
- Transport and Community Access
- All domestic duties (including the cooking of meals and the cleaning of the residential service)
- Incident management - follow policy and procedure managing incidents and writing reports
- Current Driver’s license
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain one
- Ochre Card (NT Working with Children clearance)
- A strong understanding of trauma informed care, childhood development and person centred support
- Experience providing direct care to Young Children
- Experience working with Children and Young People who have experienced complex trauma backgrounds.
- Experience working with Children Young People who display difficult or challenging behaviours
- Must be available and willing to work weekdays, weekends, public holidays, morning, evening, night and sleep over shifts
Working for Lifestyle Solutions makes you feel like you are making a difference to people’s lives. Our team is here because they care, and because of that, we have an enriching and rewarding culture within our workplace. Working for Lifestyle Solutions means that you will be presented with opportunities, support, and recognition whilst working alongside people who are passionate about what they do, and more importantly passionate about why they do it.
For further information contact Mignon, Recruitment team on 02 4014 7800.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday 12 November 2018
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised date.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome, actively support and promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds and other diversity groups.
As part of our process selected applicants will be required to undergo employment screening and probity checks prior to commencing.